The birds are chirping, flowers are budding, and the sun is shining, and whether you’re prepping your house for the market or just flowing with the seasons, it’s time to crack the windows and freshen up your home.
The power of baking soda:
- Sprinkle on carpet before vacuuming to naturally reduce odors.
- Put 1/2 cup baking soda into the detergent cup of your washing machine. Run a cycle to deodorize and de-gunk the machine.
- Make a paste with water or vinegar (you can also add salt to make it a bit more of a scrub). Apply the paste to burnt-on food in the oven or on the stove top. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before scrubbing it off.
Pro Tip: When scrubbing with baking soda, wear gloves or use a toothbrush.
The power of vinegar:
- Wrap a vinegar-soaked towel around your shower head. Leave it on overnight and rinse in the morning to see it sparkle like new.
- Wrap vinegar-soaked towels around cloudy glassware and leave on for 10-15 minutes, rinsing for crystal clear glasses.
- Run vinegar through the dishwasher, washing machine, and garbage disposal to clean them out.
Pro Tip: If you don’t like the smell of vinegar, try adding a few drops of essential oil (citrus is a personal favorite).
Don’t forget your fans!
Spray a cloth with vinegar-water before wiping your fans down. This not only dampens the dust so it doesn’t fly around as you wipe, but is also a potent antibacterial.
Clean out your cabinets and closets.
Empty out cabinets and closets completely and give them a good scrub. Only put back items you use and consider donating the rest.
Clean out the fridge.
Use the change of seasons as an opportunity to clean up that sticky spot you’ve been neglecting and sort through which condiments are still edible.
Don’t forget to take care of yourself!
- Stay hydrated throughout the day, starting by drinking water first thing in the morning.
- Increase the amount of fiber in your diet to help spruce up your digestive system. Try adding greens to your smoothies or alongside your meal, eating the rainbow with produce, and use whole grains instead of processed.
- Clean out negativity by surrounding yourself with empowering people that add to your life, rather than those who may drain you. Make an effort to unplug from social media and technology when necessary, and train your mind to say three positive things about yourself for every negative one.
- Get out in the sunshine and breathe in the fresh air!
Whether you are preparing your house to enter into the real estate market, or just getting a jump on the changing seasons, it is important to take care of your space and of yourself.
If you do have any questions about the current market, feel free to reach out to one of our licensed Loan Officers today!
This is for informational purposes only and is not an offer to extend consumer credit, nor is it a commitment to lend. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Mortgage Trust. Please check any appliance user manuals prior to use of vinegar or other natural cleaning substitutes.
Mortgage Trust, Inc. is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS 3250